Saturday 4 July 2009

We call him....Lemming Boy

Today I had the boy in his play room/one-day-his-bedroom/spare room and he kept trying to leap off the futon. I bore with this for a while but eventually got tired of supporting his weight in my arms as I gently lowered him to the ground. I wondered, "what would June Cleaver do?" and inspiration struck. I piled up every pillow in the place in a heap then threw my son off the futon. Don't worry - once the sprain settles down and the gash over his eye heals he'll be good as new. KIDDING! He is unhurt - if you don't count a sore tummy from too much laughing. He sprang from the futon for what seemed like ages - and was probably a good 20 minutes. Inspiration then struck the little weasel and he hustled over to the pillow pile, arranged it to his liking and raced along the carpet before flinging himself on the pillows. I fear that when he has a big boy bed we will find that he's a jumper. Dangnabbit all to heck!
As predicted I was unable to see Wolverine before it left the movies. Gutted, I am just gutted! Ice Age 3 is on and I don't hold high hopes for seeing that before it's released on DVD either! Aaah movies, I love you so much :) yet see you so rarely!

Despite a lovely sunny day yesterday I didn't make it into Henderson so K will have to go without crayons for the next little while. We are heading into Palmers to find a Daphne once K wakes up. I went to the Doctors on Thursday as I thought I was anaemic. Man it took ages! The doctor was very nice and gave me a prescription for some iron tablets, and sent me off to diagnostic medlab for blood tests. I went in and the place was empty. I handed over the form and after about 5 minutes Snarky Cow the Phlebotomist came to my cubicle. She ranted on about how I needed an appointment and the only reason they were doing it was because the place was empty (well, duh!). She finally wound down her rant and asked why I was there. I said miscarriage and watched as she attempted to remove her foot from her mouth. She was a lot more pleasant after that - but I was glad to escape with band aids on both arms :)

1 comment:

  1. Blood tests at the labs in the central city are obviously much easier - just show up whenever, no appointment needed. Glad you gave the blood sucker something to think about though!

    ReplyDelete