Sunday 26 July 2009

Antics

You will be thrilled to know that I have much of the use of my arms back. K sure is a heavy little sucker!
On saturday I had a bit of a meltdown. Father and son fled the house and were devastated to be greeted by a pacing, pissed-off tiger on their return. Chris pretty much babywrangled solo while I skulked about the house until 2:30 when we headed out to the zoo. It was a gorgeous sunny day - and cold as buggery. However K loved the birds, and the swans, and the monkeys and a whole variety of other creatures too stupid to stay in their warm, heated cages. He sprinted his way around the zoo with his beleagured parents puffing along behind him. As it was Chris's turn to sleep in today K decided to rise at the crack of dawn. I lie, dawn arrived some 40 minutes later - grrrrrr!!! I was not amused! Today we visited Garth, Kym and Alex. It was great to catch up with them, until I looked at my watch and saw it was 11:25am - aka K's naptime! With unseemly haste I whisked us out of the house and sprang into the back seat with K. I did all I could to keep the boy awake in the car. 2 minutes from home I was reduced to slapping his face (the bruises will fade in a few days, I'm sure hehe) and pulling his hair to stop him going to sleep. We made it inside in the nick of time and had him installed in the cot in 2 shakes of a rat's tail. I then prepared a sumptuous meal, K awoke 40 minutes later and Chris headed out to do "manly things" shortly after, leaving me with the boy until 8. I don't know how solo mothers manage, I really don't!
Tomorrow we have Oratia playgroup - K will be THRILLED! Lucky boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment