Thursday 2 July 2009

Closure

We headed off to the scan yesterday expecting the worst, but with that tiny spark of hope that maybe, just maybe we were wrong. We weren't wrong. The scan of my uterus was markedly different than before - for starters, no baby. We managed to get out with our dignity intact though I was crying by the time we hit the carpark. Despite the sadness I also experienced a feeling of relief that it was all over and we could mourn the baby and move on. It sounds callous but I was actually terrified that there would still be a baby after all that bleeding, because it wouldn't have stayed there... and that would have been a terrifying time.
Chris thinks that a Daphne plant would be a good one to plant in remembrance so we will hit the garden centres on the weekend.

I am also sick as a dog and feeling very put out about it. It's not fair that I am sick in addition to all this other... stuff! I might take Kieran out today - perhaps to Henderson - as I want to buy him some crayons. We got him a book to colour in yesterday which he liked but the pavement chalk I found only came in pale shades - boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment