Friday 17 July 2009

Larking about

Yesterday I was ready to disown K. My angelbaby had turned into Satan's spawn (teething) - and it was driving me crazy. I took him along to storytime at the library and due to his shrieking and wittering I had to leave after 1 story. His problem? He was hungry. He was hungry because he refused his breakfast, and the treat I got for him at the bakery. Then he refused lunch - despite me giving him 3 options. By dinner I was sitting on the couch snarling at him. We went out food shopping and he feasted on scraps of burger patty and chips when we got home, before falling asleep at 8:30.
This morning I had hoped to catch up with Kym, but she was otherwise engaged. Instead, I whisked K into Henderson on the train as soon as the rain stopped. I headed into the baby factory for a new NUK sipper bottle and picked up some tights for K to wear under his pj's at the same time. I whipped past toyworld(go in? not on your life!) and headed into the Warehouse to pick up a polarfleece all in one with tread on the soles for K to wear in the mornings. I also found some large size crayons so K will enjoy scribbling on the walls with those. Haha, NOT! Those will be given to him when he is in his high chair only. I then took him over to the playground as the whole expedition had included K's shrieks of wrath at being trapped in the stroller. He raced around like a maniac, climbing around, and fondling the toy car, and spinning the large wall mounted beads until I realised the train left in 7 minutes. Oh how we ran! And made the train - always a bonus. I then had to howl at the stroller as we approached our road and jiggle it mightily as a certain person was trying to go to sleep in it. He was forced awake and is now slumbering in his cot, dreaming of his mean mother. Poor boy has been a bit bunged up so was given prune juice this morning. He grasped the bottle eagerly, took 3 sucks and dashed it to the ground in outrage.... so I don't know how much prune juice actually went into him!
Tomorrow we are swinging by Knitworld as we seem to be 2 balls short of finishing my jumper, then going to see Jen, K will fall asleep there - while Chris and I see Ice Age 3 - my god, a movie!!! I think it will be the first one in 2 years that we will see at the cinema! And I will be test driving the truck to get a feel for positioning on the road and its acceleration :P

No comments:

Post a Comment