Sunday 12 July 2009

Eggnoggery daze

So yesterday was an exciting time. On Friday night I prepared 2 Frangelico trifles with love and care and placed them into the fridge. I meticulously cleaned the kitchen and laid out Kieran's breakfast for his doting father to serve him. You see, Chris and I have a deal where we each get a sleep-in on the weekend and Saturday was my sleep-in. Chris staggered out of bed at whatever ungodly hour K chose to awake and took him off somnewhere. I didn't care, I had a hot water bottle and a Siamese. At 9 I emerged to find the kitchen not quite as pristine as it had been the night before, the kidlets breakfast - largely untouched - on the counter and some bacon wrapped kumara that needed rescuing. Chris had fled upstairs as soon as my feet had hit the tiles downstairs so I salvaged the kumara, fed the child, played with the child and performed sundry other duties. We managed to hit the road at 11:15. Our goal was to get to Bryony and Helen's so K could go down for a nap. Well, guess who fell asleep in the car! The weather was absolutely dreadful as Chris can attest, having had to run to and from from B&H's aerie in the pouring rain. Alas, as I raced up the stairs with K in my arms I fell through one of the risers on the stairs. Tres painful!!! You should see the egg shaped lump on my shin. Anyway, despite Bryony's well laid trap, the midwinter xmas rocked. Colin the Magnificent produced a marvelous turducken, K bustled about playing with 4 dogs and trashing the place and merriment was had by all. The bacon wrapped kumara and the Frangelico trifle went down well - always a pleasing sign!
Today Chris had his sleep-in while I babywrangled, then I headed off to Rachel's baby sprinkle courtesy of the lovely Ruth. We went to Arum Cafe at Palmers Garden Centre and it was exceedingly pleasant. When I got home Sue and Kinglsey had arrived and we had a good catchup before they headed off to the Tron, leaving behind the truck. Transport!!! I have transport!!! Yeehaaa! The world is my oyster :)
I have no plans for tomorrow although I suspect that the library may be visited - on foot!

No comments:

Post a Comment