Friday 10 July 2009

Tantalising Toddlers

Yesterday I headed off to coffeegroup. It was a gorgeous bright blue day, with sunshine to boot. It was great catching up with everyone - apart from Rachel but I will see her on Sunday at her Baby Sprinkle. I whisked a slightly squeaking K boy where he snuggled down into his cot to dream of chocolate milk. He really is an angel baby. He adores reading and sits on the floor flicking through books several times a day. He will bustle over, face bright with anticipation and a book clutched in his wee paws, as he begs for "storytime". I rearranged the spare room with my son's lemming tendencies in mind. A mattress has been placed on the floor for his jumping pleasure with pillows placed upon it. I hope it meets with his approval.

Kieran has emphatically outgrown his stroller and just looks faintly ridiculous in it with his legs sticking out any which way. I must take a picture cos he looks ridiculous :)
Today I dragged him out for a walk. I got a run instead. He pretty much sprinted around the circle as well as the adjacent circle, coming to a halt next to the house of a woman who goes to our coffee group. She and her husband are moving to the USA and are selling off all their stuff. Ahem, so I now own: 2 chairs, 4 storage bins, a potty, a lightweight stroller cos our is knackered and a sesame street ride on interactive toy for K - and all for $115!!! Awesome or what.
Tomorrow we are heading off to a midwinter christmas dinner over at Bryony and Helen's - it should be awesome!! A Turducken has been prepared as has 6kg of pork... we are taking along bacon wrapped kumara and 2 Frangelico trifles - mmmmmm, yummy!! I have half a bottle of Frangelico and was worried it might not be enough. Luckily there is another bottle stashed in the cupboard-under-the-stairs....phew!! We will have to head over a little early to set up the portacot and set Kieran upon Rabbit and the corgi's. He will be THRILLED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment