Thursday 2 June 2011

Movie Malaise

Recently I have been wracked with desire to watch movies...namely Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Toy Story 3, Shrek 3, Tangled, Pirates 4 , X Men First Class and sundry others. WOE, I say WOE. I have now decided that tuesday night at our place is movie night. I shall have to build movie rental into the budget haha. I have just bought the boys some waterproof overalls to enable them to go outside in the rain and mud - rather than staying inside with me :) They were super cheap - $18 each and made by a SAHM. I got K a lovely red one, and C a violent yellow - all the better to see them with! K was so excited when I told him we were going to visit Emma. Wednesday and Thursday he pleaded to forget kindy and go visit Emma instead - such a little sweetie! He is learning such a lot at kindy and while we were at Emma's decreed it was snack time and proceeded to the table, where he cleaned out his lunchbox and ate his bodyweight in cheese. Both boys are having a cheese loving stage. Sadly, the much awaited trip to Emmas had a cloud on it, the cloud being the GroClock that arrived 20 minutes before we drove to Emma's, K wanted to stay home and "snuggle the GroClock mummy, and give it a kiss!". I managed to persuade him that he could lavish attention on said clock on our return. We had an awesome time at Emma's, who really liked the quinoa patties I took along for her to try. We had barely walked in the door at 2 when the boys passed out, and then the real estate agent came to look at the crackled bathroom tile. In my 20 minutes of downtime I amused myself with the crochet I am TRYING/FAILING to learn. My problem I think is that I need a larger needle and wool so I can do something other than chain stitch. I am also knitting a scarf for Hannah, Emma's middle daughter - as we were unable to go to the birthday party at Cameron Pools. The long weekend is upon us and means nothing to me, being a full time mum. We have an exciting week planned. On wednesday I am doing a cat food interview and on friday I am going to Akl University so Cameron can be a lab rat again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment