Sunday 12 June 2011

Circus Quirkus!

On Wednesday the kindy had a bus trip out to Manuaku where the kids saw puppets and sang and danced and basically had a blast. K was super excited and chattered away about it...right until he realised that I wasn't getting on the bus with him :( BUT he apparently had a fantastic time going there and back, as well as during the show. We have also decided to have a daddy/kieran trip to see the Gruffalo as the cost otherwise would be horrendous.


On friday I whisked the boys into town so Cameron could do his nursery rhyme thing at Akl Uni. He did very well and we did lunch with Colin and Ros. Translation: Chris had to come grab Kieran and then we met in the break room (not eating) while we chatted to Colin and Ros. I headed home and OMG the rain was vile. Visibility was a bitch, expecially when going past other cars. I came off accidentally at the Motat exit and the driving was much better. I even stopped and procured K some Lil Orbitz doughnuts which I had promised him. They had been at Akl Uni on my previous visit but were there no longer! Dangnabbit!! C fell asleep in the car on the way home so I dragged K inside and tucked him into bed where he passed out in under 2 minutes and then sat in the car until C woke up. K only woke at 4:30!! One of my friends asked if I would like tickets to the circus....hmmm, would I? Hell yes!!! She apologised that she could only get 2 tickets - I was just thrilled that we got 2 free tix at all, and instantly planned a father/son circus expedition. K has been doing "baby things" and I think it is to get attention the way Cameron seems to. I wanted to emphasise that K was going to the circus with daddy because he was a big boy. He was so excited and raved about it from Wednesday onwards. We had to wake him on the day so that the 2 of them got to the circus on time and he was placed in the car, weeping and pleading to be put back in his bed. However, with a fresh cheese scone in his tummy, and the excitement of watching his father put petrol in the car (just like he helped his mummy to do the other day!!) he perked right up. He apparently enjoyed watching the acrobats and performers but they came home after the intermission as he was starting to get a bit/lot fidgety. We visited Colin and Ros on Sunday which was a lovely sunny day, but alas, the car did not get WOFed. Now both boys seem to have a tummy bug and will need to see Dr tomorrow. The question is, do I get the car WOFed tomorrow (when it falls due) or just hope for the best until the weekend???? Decisions, decisions!



No comments:

Post a Comment