Monday 20 June 2011

Light at the end of the tunnel...


and it's not a train!!


K's fever broke on Friday and he began to take a turn for the better. C however managed to hang onto his fever until Saturday afternoon. Since he has had a wonderful case of flu, complete with an infected ear, and coughing so hard he actually throws up (you should see the mountains of laundry in the garage!!) it has been a splendid week for us... not.

Today, since one boy was almost well, and the other, well, we'll go with portable, I took the kidlets to Playcentre where the theme of the day was PIRATE PARTY! Which I did not realise, not that we had many dry clean clothes to choose from (see previous note re laundry). In fact, it wasn't until I checked my email late last night that I realised the party was today.

I arose this morning at 7:15 after a restless night. C slept through the night, alone!! This was fantastic but I kept getting up to check on him, recover him with blankets etc, and then K inserted himself into the bed for a cuddle and snooze before sunrise. I made a mandarin cake for the party and flung the boys into the car as soon as it was out of the oven. It was delicious! K and C had a blast at Playcentre and enjoyed the fairy who read stories, made balloon animals and other fairyish things. I am doing chicken nibbles and homemade pasta for dinner tonight - should be good. Hopefully C schedules his coughing fit for pre dinner.

Tomorrow is Plunket coffeegroup and K will be off to Kindy - yay!! I have finished knitting my scarf for Emma's daughter, and even managed to fringe it. I also knitted bunny and teddy a communal scarf upon request - now there was an exercise in frustration!! But the stripety scarf was knitted and now adorns the bedfriend's necks.



We are looking at getting a single bed for K. We looked at proper bed shops but the cost would be horrific when we could get a decent one for $150 on trademe. We will pop C into the toddler bed as he likes the freedom. It's being confined that sets him shrieking. He has also learned to navigate past the barriers at the base of the stairs.... time to emphasise how to get DOWN the stairs now. Bandit is fine, cold but fine. He spends much of the day in the bed or hot water cupboard - lucky thing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment