Saturday 25 June 2011

Giggles and Grumpy



Due to a death Kingsley flew up to Auckland on Saturday.... to say K was excited was to understate the case. He sat in bed on friday singing "Grumpy is coming" to the tune of Incy Wincey Spider and Twinkle Twinkle and dashed importantly out of the house with his father around 7:30am to go collect him from the airport. He had previously dashed into the bedroom to ask his father if Grumpy was coming soon... it was 2am!!! His brother lolled in bed until 8am by contrast, but managed to play with Grumpy before the trip back to the airport that afternoon - also accompanied by Mr K. K has dropped his afternoon sleep with my blessing. He will soon be attending Kindy sessions until 2:30 so is all good. It doesn't seem to make him go to sleep any quicker tho :P The next morning I awoke in horror at 7:15 and raced downstairs, appalled at seeing Chris mooching around on his pc. In a break in my diatribe Chris noted that it was Sunday not Monday, and he did not "need to get his arse out of the chair and go to work, lol" I instantly scampered upstairs and my youngest child and I had a well deserved sleep in. Monday went well, it was a beautiful sunny day and I headed off with the stroller to the shops, the pharmacy and the postshop (for the 3rd time) to get C an IRD number so that it gets counted against Working for Families.... I had forgotten my marriage cert. No forms for us!! I was beside myself with frustration but gave up and visted Nakita instead. K was over the moon, He adores Nakita and rarely sees her now that he goes to Kindy and not the Plunket Coffee Group. We had a blast until Nakita announced the time, 2:05, and I leaped to my feet in horror, for I was expecting Darren at 2!! Boys and I dashed madly off, dodging the occasional raindrop for the blue skies had turned grey and menacing, and pelted off home as fast as K could run. I scudded around the corner at the bottom of the hill just as Darren headed towards his car - phew! We had a great visit and he and Kieran did multiple puzzles together. K seems to like "the nice lady" LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment