Wednesday 12 January 2011

Time of tides

I have been watching the situation in Brisbane. My heart goes out to all the people affected. There are truly tragic situations - like the young boy who drowned with his mum, letting his younger brother be rescued first. The whole thing really highlights the might of nature. It is going to cost Aus squillions! Having pored over all the info I was thrilled to see that mum and mike's (newly repaired/refurbisbed) house looks like it is out of the flood zone. Facebook has been fantastic in seeing how everyone was getting on. Ross and Mark are holed up with 2 cases of wine, Mel's sitting on the Gold Coast and thinking about an inflatable boat, and Stace is keeping the Telco updates coming :) Here nary a cloud has crossed the sky, and my days are peaceful and filled with my 2 young shriekers :) I consider myself extremely fortunate in so many ways. Cam slept for over an hour this morning - brilliant. This arvo I will bake biscuits, cake and collect the playcentre key... I may even stop in at a playground. I was going to go out with the stroller.... but think I will drive as time is tight this arvo! Tomorrow.... cake decorating, trip up to the shops and baking for the party!
Well, the best laid plans.... K decided to sleep for just over 2 hours while C decided sleep wasn't an option if he wasn't in my arms. This kind of sucked as I needed to do some SMINZI stuff... guess what I am doing tonight. Once K was up, weeping but awake, we cavorted in the garden. He got given a hippo squirter for xmas and is lethal with it. It has been the cause of 3 time outs in the last 2 days.... shooting water inside the house/at his sibling or parent is just TOO tempting. We emptied the pool as the water was a touch on the manky side and proto mosquito's were dashing about in it and then C and I rolled around on the blanket while K bounced around the garden. Literally. Naked. On his moonhopper. Around 5 we rustled up some biscuits for K's party. He helped mix the ingredients and counted the chocolate buttons. Amazingly, there were no buttons to be found after his efforts. Hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment