Wednesday 5 January 2011

Resolved

We have been mulling over our new year resolutions and have come up with 2 (not including beating the boys daily with the jugcord of course. KIDDING. No matter how angry the boys can make me I cannot imagine ever doing this). And our resolutions? Simple. Be more financially savvy, and to try and get a place of our own this year. Since we have zero savings a deposit will be a challenge. Since I am currently not working - scratch that, since I am currently not being paid to work (cos boy, sometimes those boys are hard going hehe) - the ability to save is somewhat limited. HOWEVER Chris does earn decent money, we have paid off the cordbank, car repairs and photos and so we should be able to scrape some shekels aside. So, fingers crossed that sometime this year we are able to get ourselves a mortgage :) A house of our own... tres exciting!!
Today I took the boys up to the rooms for the Plunket coffeegroup. Erin and Nakita were there and we had a good chat. I dashed home, practically melting in the heat, and Chris was waiting, pinny in hand, with a yummy risotto for lunch. He was then allowed to race off in the car for a boys afternoon while I attempted to get the boys down. K went down like a dream.... C, not so much. I was struggling with him after his 2nd awakening when a small shape tiptoed into the bedroom, scurried over to me and whispered "Found you mummy!" before giving me a big kiss. My heart melted.... Today I popped C in the inflatable boat and he cooed and giggled as he glided around the pool. No, the pool is very small - he glided all of 50 cm before bumping into a wall or K's eager helping hands ;) C's hair has suddenly grown in and he no longer has a fluffy tuft/mohawk but a proper head of hair. Brown hair, to match his brown eyes. The promised tooth however is still promising grrrrr.

I must also start to think about getting C christened. Better do it soon as his birthday is in May!!! Where does the time go! I am sure his Godfather to be is champing at the bit to don dark suit and a Mafia accent hahah. The baby sign language is going well. C recognises the signs for bath, snackin's, nappy and sleep. So does Chris :P
Tomorrow we are heading out to the Museum - I MUST remember my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment