Monday 17 January 2011

Beach Ahoy!

Monday morning was gloriously sunny. Isabelle suggested a trip to Cornwallis beach and I thought - why not! Summer is waning and I packed snacks, towels, sunblock and toys. Once there K had a blast. He bolted straight into the water - which was very warm! Then balanced on his hands and kicked his way along the beach. He told me he was being a ladybug. There was digging in the sand but pretty much the whole time was spent in the sea. Cameron played under the tree with his toys. But poor me, the person who is not fond of beaches unless they are shady, got sunburnt. I hate being sunburnt. Standing calf deep in water for nigh on an hour all up itn was inevitable :( At 11:30 it began to drizzle and soon began to rain in earnest. It was so warm and humid that it didn't ruin the experience. However, the thought of driving on those windy roads in the rain made me decide to leave. We got home at noon and hopped into the shower to wash off the black sand. I say we but K insisted on a bath. No problem. He then hopped happily into bed and had a lovely long nap. C wouldn't nap in his cot. Having fallen asleep in the car there and back he obviously felt he needed to keep a close eye on me :) Isabelle and co visited in the afternoon and K showed excellent manners and sharing. I was very pleased with him - and told Chris so. He tells me when an urgent nappy change is required these days as he doesn't fancy sitting on a poo apparently.... looks like toilet training is on the horizon :) Today is wet and warm but we have Playcentre tidyup so will see if I can get an inside job to assist with the sunburn.

No comments:

Post a Comment