Monday 10 January 2011

Cultcha smultcha

The Museum... what can I say about Auckland Museum? Well, for starters it is one of the grimmer buildings I have been through, which is really odd as it is quite pretty! I was heartily sick of PI culture by the time we finished touring the first of the 3 floors. Yes, I am a cultural philistine apparently!! Luckily we found a room that featured many, many, many musical instruments and this kept K's attention.... as did the faux treehouse next door. We headed up to the 2nd floor and the natural exhibits. Volcanoes, and sealife and birds. K was clearly flagging at this stage, while C was bright eyed and bushy tailed. We viewed the dinosaurs.... and left. It was a good day :) Chris found being home for so long exciting.... and was thrilled to return to work. He has spent the last 3 days munching cloves... looks like a root canal is in his imminent future. Sigh. I have trawled through what seems to be lists of every property currently available for sale in Pukekohe... and we have a shortlist of 5. This saturday we have K's 3rd birthday at Playcentre. The cake has changed from a Gruffalo cake to a rocketship - so that makes things easier haha, and the following day, my birthday, we drive out to Puke to view properties and catch up with Karen, who I worked with at Vodafone. That afternoon the boys and I will meet up with Rache and co at CraigAvon while Chris prepares a sumptious birthday dinner for yours truly. Speaking of birthdays - K's is tomorrow and I was delighted to see a parcel arrive as well as some birthday envelopes. I spent some time "creating" personalised birthday paper for the wee man, and have wrapped all of his presents. I can hardly wait for the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment