Monday 12 April 2010

Wahey baby!

Chris rose on Saturday with a song on his lips and joy in his heart. Why? It was the day that we cleaned up the dump, um, hellhole, I mean the garage. So keen was he that he carried his breakfast into the stygian and fetid depths while K and I watched kids TV on the couch (and ate breakfast haha). His enthusiasm was matched only by his ferocity and eagerness to shed ourselves of all belongings that were no longer used, were broken, were unwanted etc etc. In fact, there were an amazing number of these! K had a blast. The garage is forbidden territory - sealed off with a babygate and he romped, and climbed, and danced and had a fantastic time!! Dishes were washed, load of load of clothes fished from storage were washed and by the time we downed tools at 6pm the garage looked, quite simply, amazing! The house and garden where the overflow resided on the other hand.... um, let's just say I am glad our house inspection has just been. On Sunday I had promised Chris a sleep in and the afternoon off as a reward for his labours. I can only imagine his thoughts as he was roused at 8am by his heavily pregnant wife racing up the stairs to vomit with immense vigour in the toilet for some time. Though I initially felt better after this I succumbed to the lure of the bed at 9am - leaving Chris to babywrangle - and this set the tone for the day. Poor Chris! I revived enough by 3pm that I could sit on the couch and supervise K, while Chris had a break. I was also ordered to place items on TradeMe - which I did. So much stuff needs to go! It is pretty much there at bargain prices as we just want to get rid of it. I also contacted a metal recyclers and booked Chris's graduation photos. This morning we had our midwife appointment. Luckily I came right overnight - although it was a fairly sleepless one. I did the usual check for protein in my urine - a small trace but nothing to worry about, and have booked an appointment for a growth/presentation at Horizon on the 20th. I am still somewhat stunned by the fact that I am 33 weeks preggers and that we will have Cameron joining us in the next 6 weeks!! Tonight I cooked steak for dinner, and K helped me make a pumpkin pie. Yummy yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment