Saturday 24 April 2010

Calloo Callay

Oh, how I love the weekend! On thursday Ruth picked me uo and we headed off to see Alice in Wonderland - which I enjoyed very much! I had such a good time, and it had been such a long time since I last saw a movie (Ice Age 3!). Friday went well, with the Obstetrician asking us to come in 30 minutes early for our appointment. Naturally this meant that we were seen at the original appointment time haha. The obstetrician was very understanding as I reeled off my reasons for wanting a C Section and agreed that we could go ahead and book a section and tubal ligation. YAY!!!
So we now know Cameron's birth date. I will be heading into the hospital to arrive there at 7:30am and be scheduled for a 9:30am c-section. This is excellent as it gives me a full day hopped to the gills on morphine hehe. Then on Friday morning K will be at his PORSE house and Chris can have some special time with Cameron. Then it is the weekend and then I will check out the hospital on Monday morning. I believe checkout is 10 or 11am.
After Chris got home we headed into New Lynn so Chris could spend his birthday present from me (cold hard cash haha) and K played in the Lynn Mall Kiddies area while I enjoyed a half strength chai. Cameron still kicked like a startled bull when he got a sniff of it tho! Today K slept in until 8:15. I went into his room to see if everything was ok and he was chilling out in bed, licking biscuit crumbs off his lips. I brought him into the bed and he had a lovely romp with us before we headed downstairs and watched the Wiggles. We headed out around 10ish and did some shopping before coming back for a certain person's nap! After the nap we headed out to the library and then ran the wee one around the local playground. Then Chris made home made pasta and (at my insistence) raised the cot. So, we are looking good for Cameron. I will make up the cot a little closer to the birth, and install the snugglebed.
Chris also managed to get another ticket for graduation so Joy will be joining us. He was very relieved by this as he didn't have much hope that we would get another ticket since he already had 5. Tomorrow, we plan to take K off to the Glendale park for a proper play, and I hope to finish the picture I am making for K. We will also install the mobile of the solar system that we painted when K was still in utero and hang some pictures up. And then, nesting should be COMPLETE!!! I am sure Chris will be ecstatic to hear it. We will also buy K the book The Gruffalo's Child and the DVD of The Gruffalo from Amazon.co.uk as a You-have-a-new-brother gift :)

No comments:

Post a Comment