Friday 9 April 2010

These boots were made for walking...

Well, Chris's birthday went well. I got up late and staggered downstairs where K and his father awaited me. K had made sure that Chris enjoyed as much of his birthday as possible... I believe he scurried over to Chris's side of the bed around 5am. As I said,I don't know for sure cos I buried my face in the cat's fur and went back to sleep :) Once up I made the boys pikelets for breakfast, then baked bread, biscuits and 2 chocolate cakes for Chris to take into work. In between this frenzy of activity I spent some time with my child, tidied the house and did dishes and laundry.. you know, the usual. On wednesday Chris stared at the icing free cakes and said they looked a little bare. I looked blank and indicated the wealth of icing/decorating options available to him. The cakes went into work naked :P. Alas, on wednesday, K started the day by leaping upon my belly while I lay on my back. I was in agony. Added to that I came down with some sort of tummy bug I was feeling beyond wretched. Poor Chris got to look after K pretty much from the moment he got home Wed and Thurs while I laired up in the bathroom. The only relief was finding some anti nausea medication on Weds afternoon - especially as there were no doctor appointments available at the local clinic. Yesterday I felt like death and staggered off to bed at 7am where I moaned like a sick cow for a few hours, pattering out every 10 minutes or so to visit the bathroom. O happy times. K helped out with another couple of disturbed nights- cause god knows we don't need sleep!!! And then this morning I woke up and thought for one crazy moment that I wasn't pregnant... the seemingly steel band around my belly had vanished - and boy, the relief from the pain was amazing!!I felt like bouncing around this morning - no dodgy tummy, no nausea, no painful belly - life was good! So this morning I did dishes, made breakfast, scrubbed down countertops and appliances, did dishes and laundry - all before 9am, hung out a wash in the sunshine and whisked lil squeak off to the library. K of course helped out by: "washing"the dishes, then ransacked the counter, upending the notepaper, mucked around with the microwave (now unplugged at the wall) and generally trashed the place. I removed him, popped his boots on and kicked him outside. I did the dishes then heard suspicious noises from the garage - he was running his fingers luxuriously thru the washing powder that I had decanted - and which he had poured out on the not-so-clean floor. He got kicked out into the garden again and the garage door locked while I swept up the washing powder and re-decanted it. Then the washing was done. He hurried out after me as I carried the basket and flung it out across the garden with enthusiasm and I got to pick it off the ground and hang it up as he pranced about with the laundry basket on his head. If Chris finds grass in his undies.... It's not MY fault!
He had a ball at the library showing off all his new words - he is just brimming with language and it is wonderful watching him try to communicate ;) He just loves his wee boots too - and has learned how to put them on himself. He has also fallen in love with the Easter present from his Auntie Jennie and I have had The Gruffalo brought to me to be read many many times over the past 3 days. And today at the library he saw a picture of the Wonky Donkey and wouldn't stop hee - hawing. Just so cute!! I took him home via the Barnea playground. I was going to take him to the Glendale one - but couldn't face the thought of the hill!!! So steep - not cool! I also took him to the playground this afternoon - after the Wiggles finished of course haha. Can't miss the Wiggles!! I have told Chris that we are clearing out the garage tomorrow and he is just so excited!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment