Monday 5 April 2010

It's raining, it's Auckland

Gosh, it feels good to be back home! The long weekend is over, and Chris's 35th birthday is tomorrow. Where did the weekend go?!!
Friday was fairly exciting what with my frenziedly packing and then being driven to the airport by my harried hubby. The plane ride went well on Friday until we descended towards Wellington. As the plane bounced gently up and down K gazed at me and gently vomited all over himself and his carseat. Yay! I mopped him up with copious numbers of wet wipes, wiped down the seat as best I could and changed the little devil into a spare outfit I "just happened" to have with me :) Once at Sue and Kingsley's the car seat was wiped down and washable parts washed. It is now fresher smelling than when I collected it! K had a ball at his Grammy and Grumpy's. He chased dogs, romped about and even got taken down to the beach. That last bit was a bit chilly but he didn't mind at all! However, eating didn't really happen on the trip and he had some really nasty nappies today after 2 days of no output. I decreed that as Chris was the one looking for poo's, Chris could take care of the poo's. Lucky Chris! Poor old Chris was feeling very much under the weather this trip, but enjoyed the lovely weather and the family catchup too. We also had a great trip to Moore Wilson's - gosh, their toy department was great - and well cheaper than Auckland shops!! Sue did some awesome work with Cameron's Bazoople cot quilt. We didn't get it finished but we will see them (and it) on May 7th - when Chris GRADUATES!!!! Yes, I get excited every time I think about it!!K waved goodbye to his Grumpy with vigour - and even the thought of seeing Bandit again didn't cheer him up after realising that we were leaving Grumpy behind :)The flight back was lovely - but K was obviously affected by the turbulence that he experienced on the flight out. He spent the majority of the flight snuggled against his daddy like a baby possum :) He has learned a bunch of new words, and had a lovely chat with me as we waited for Chris to collect the car. He pointed out a hawk, the clouds and related his thoughts on the flight - so sweet! Alas, we arrived home to discover the cupboard bare. I started baking some bread so dinner is about an hour away for us, K had some Boston baked beans, some hard boiled egg, and lashings of custard. He is a fiend for the custard!
So, I sit here, the washing machine rewashing the clothes that I found festering in the washing machine, and waiting for the bread to finish baking so we can have dinner ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment