Wednesday 10 March 2010

There's a saboteur....

....in the house and his name is Chris. On the second night of the Great Milk Decline he placed the boy's bottles - with the lids on. Poor squeak managed to de-lid one, but the other resisted all his efforts and was flung to the ground. We did head out to the Glendale playground and fields and I ran the sass out of him. It only took an hour :) We headed up to the library and the shops as well. That afternoon he amused himself by trashing the house. He seems to have a sixth sense for when I have people coming over, am in pain, and have little time to scrub down counters, floors and cupboards...... Chris strolled in the door at 7:10 with people expected at 7:20pm, seething about the pitiful performance of the Western Line. Luckily I had managed to restore order to the house, cook dinner and feed the kidlet before running a bath. Today was my first day running the New Mothers coffeegroup. I had done lots of ringing around yesterday but only one person showed up. Oh well, she seemed to enjoy herself anyway. This morning was pretty busy. I cleaned and tidied the lounge, moved furniture around, and prepped some bread before heading up the road. I got home at ten past 12 and let K cavort while I made his bed and prepped his milk. He showed no inclination to climb the stairs so I headed up and waited. After a piercing crescendo of wails he made his way up the stairs, glared at me, flung himself onto the bed, and snatched his bottle from my hands :P I was desperate for a nap but was expecting the Porse woman so couldn't...sigh. She was LATE!!! I baked the bread, met with the Porse lady and then K awakened. We played, we read stories, we drew and then Isabelle dropped by with Esteban and Madison and K ran riot hehe. After that I prepped dinner while K stood on his chair and "supervised". He ate very little dinner - oh well. Tomorrow is coffeegroup and mention has been made of going to a park. We shall see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment