Thursday 18 March 2010

A bit of this, a bit of that

Let's see, what new and exciting things have happened in Chez Seal since my last post. Um, nothing! On tuesday I headed up to the library. I even made the effort to go to the Glendale road playground so K could have a run around but it started to rain just as we arrived. How frustrating! So, as I had neither carriage rug no rain cover with me we dashed pell mell up the hill to the library. Well, one of us dashed. The other reclined in the stroller, eating cheese! We had fun at the library tho so that was good.On Wednesday I ran the Plunket coffeegroup which has now doubled in size - yes, 2 people turned up this week!! Hahahaha. K was quite well behaved towards the other kids, tho he wanted to bodysurf across the couches. Sigh. After K woke up I made him pikelets which he fell upon with a relish that had to be seen to be believed. He even stole my pikelets off my plate cos he had eaten all of his! I then made hamburger patties and beer bread rolls for dinner. I used the Alison Holst beer braid recipe and just bodgied it about to make rolls. The rolls were nice but I think could be improved by doubling or tripling the salt, and by adding some Chia to it, or some herbs. It was past 5 by this point so I took K down to the local playground for a swing and a run, and a slither down the slide! He loved it. Just as we had reached our limit Chris came in and we frolicked for a few more moments before heading in for dinner. Mmmmm, and it was good!! There were heaps of rolls left over so I froze them. Then today we had babygym. K ADORES babygym and we will def be back for the next term. There are 2 more sessions to go but then we are off to Easter in Wellington so it works out beautifully. We dashed off for the train and just missed it.Sigh. So I took K into the Mall where there is a playground there and we frolicked before dashing off to catch the next train - which we almost missed. Hahahaha. Once home K indicated that he would appreciate some milk and his bed, thank you very much and we had a lovely long nap together. Once he woke up I made meatloaf for his and Chris's dinner - I had hamburgers haha - and then made Chris's lunch. There will be meatloaf for their dinner tomorrow too. I will head into the medlab tomorrow and see if I can take the nasty preggers diabetes test - where you drink the syrup then hang around for an hour - and then be at the library. I have a suspicion that I will need to actually be in the room. So I will have to see if I can do first things Sat morning - sucks to be me! But K will not respond well to being told to sit in a tiny waiting room for an hour. And the milk cutoff has worked... although K still comes pattering into our room around 3ish and has to be put back to bed. No, his door is not closed. Chris has very firm VIEWS about that :)
Tomorrow is Wriggle and Rhyme at the library - yippee. K and I will pop along and have a good time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment