Monday 8 March 2010

Sleep, glorious sleep

I have moved beyond knackered to zombification.
Last night was the first step in trying to cut K's nightly milk habit down to reasonable levels. Naturally he ate no dinner last night - not even 1 bite! He got put down with his usual bottle, fell asleep and I placed the other 2 bottles in there. These were consumed by 3am when he woke up and demanded more. I had previously sloped into the bedroom to retrieve the second bottle and press it to his lips as he seemed unable ti find it...in his arms! Sleep descended and then 3am rolled around, and thus began the great wakeathon. K crawled into the spare bed for a snuggle and a snooze - heavy on the snuggle and light on the snooze. At 6:10 I procured 50ml of milk for him and he lay on his bed and drank it, drifting off for around 40 minutes while I lay there and reflected bitterly on the fact that it was a babygym day. You know, up the hill, on the train, walk to WestWave, run around the gym like a maniac after K, walk to train, ride train and stagger in the door riddled with back pain and frantically trying to keep the kidlet awake.... what was worse was that I had the Plunket Lady arriving at 1:30 so I knew I couldn't have a nap - no matter how desperately I needed one. The day went as expected.... K went down like a dream. He was so tired he only drank half his bottle before he passed out. So the Plunket lady arrives and K wakes up wailing. Typical!! I haul him out of bed to discover that he has wet through his nappy, pants and sheet. Dragging him downstairs he coos gently at Naomi while I have large damp babywee patches spreading across my clothes. After the Plunket lady left I showered with Squeak, threw the mattress into the sunshine to bake, did a load of laundry and made some pizza dough for dinner tonight - the amount consumed by K was not much more than last night though he did eat a teeny K sized pizza - and, while it cooked, 3 rashers of bacon - and some grated cheese.... If I get enough sleep tonight I shall take him to Glendale Playground and fields and RUN THE SASS out of him. The pizza's were delicious (of course) and the family was very appreciative hehe. Chris is currently reading to K from the Adventures of Little Wombat... and I am typing this hurriedly before I slope off to bed. See above: Zombification :)

No comments:

Post a Comment