Saturday 6 March 2010

6 months pregnant

Friday was a lazy day :) Well, kinda. Chris had left the oven a syrupy shambles the night before but had promised to clean it. Taking him at his word I prepared a loaf of bread for baking before we headed out for our morning walk. I took K up to the shops and to Wriggle and Rhyme. He had a blast haha. Once home I prepared to heat the oven before my narrowed gaze informed me that it had NOT in fact been cleaned. I scrubbed out the oven with K assisting, a little like a nurse in a theatre. He happily passed me sponges and dibbled his fingers in the soapy water. I managed to lure him outside with a bucket of water and his milk bottles where he cavorted briefly. By that time I had the oven heated and the bread placed to bake so whisked him upstairs where he fell asleep just after noon. I made a bunch of Plunket phone calls and just as I was about to lie down for a nap guess who came running into the room. Sigh. We had a nice relaxed afternoon, reading book, after book, after book. I make K pay with kisses for stories these days. It seems only fair. I prepared a delicious chicken dinner and then Chris sat with K while he fell asleep. What did I do? I slept. K is a bundle of energy these days. He loves to help in the kitchen and drags his chair in as a subtle sign that he's like to be involved :) Today he helped Chris make treacle tart and a cup of tea - very impressive. He also knows all of the alphabet, bar 4 letters, and wanders around the house announcing letters as he looks at puzzles, boardgames, books, dvd's etc. He also enlivens us with many a counting game :)
Tomorrow is the Toddlers Day Out and we are heading off to be there when it opens at 10am. Hopefully K enjoys it :) I am sure he shall hehe.
I am 28 weeks pregnant now and if Cameron was born tomorrow he would survive. So, I am now completely relaxed about my pregnancy. I have been quietly concerned the entire time that something would go wrong. The miscarriage and the early bleeding really shook my confidence - but everything should be good from here on in. I am as big as a house, practically live in the toilet and am fast running out of clothes!! Aaah, all the "perks" of pregnancy. And in a couple of months we get to cope with a jealous tot and Siamese, and a new baby on very little sleep. Chris is already looking forward to getting back to work after the birth - and we haven't even had the baby yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment