Thursday 15 October 2009

Raindrops keep falling....

Gosh, dont you just hate it when all you want to do is have an early night - then remember that you need to blog!! Aaaiiieee the cruelty of life is indescribable :)
On Monday - to celebrate Chris getting his PhD - woot! - I made nachos and an apple and rhubarb pie. Colin generously loaned us the pie plate - so appreciated!. On Tuesday we headed out to Western Springs. It was a blast. K had a great time and we avoided the avian and water hazards - even better!! Then, despite me leaving early to prevent this very thing, K tried to go to sleep on the way home. His eyes fluttered shut halfway down the Barnea Circle hill. I shrieked like a tea kettle and woke him up enough for me to park the car, nuke milk, sleepsack him and get him into the cot before he fell asleep again. Phew! I need that 2 hour sleep in the middle of the day - I get positively vicious without it. Then that night we headed into Henderson and Adriatico for a celebratory dinner. It was so sad to see all the Aisling Symes flyers up - especially as we now know the poor little thing died in that drain. Still, at least her parents know. I think the not knowing would be so much worse... Though my heart goes out to them. It's an awful situation to be in!! The dinner was delicious and K was feisty. That was probably his last dinner out untill he hits 5 - just 2 active and undisciplined hehe.
On wednesday we were out of cat biscuits. I had not got a good night's sleep so did not take well to Bandit pleading for nourishment. On my way to mainly music I made sure I popped into the 4Square and chose sustenance from their "vast" array of cat biscuits... oh yes, all those choices not. And did Bandit dig in with cried of delight? Heh. He metaphorically shook his hind legs at it while stoically chowing down. Mainly Music was a bust as K seemed to lose the use of his legs as soon as the session started!! Then, at morning tea he lolled across my legs, cramming a muffin into his mouth and moaning like a lovesick cow. I am sure people there thought I don't feed my child!! Today dawned absolutely pouring with rain. I lay in bed and wished I had the kind of child who likes to sleep in on rainy days. The problem is that I will, just not for another 10 years or so!
I was going to head off to the Plunket Committee tonight which started at 7:3-. K decided to be a little ratbag and only fell asleep at 8:10....so here I am, at home.
I just wish the rain would stop cos I am going bananas staying at home the whole time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment