Monday 19 October 2009

Of shoes, and ships and strange Siamese

Sunday's trip to Bethells withered and died as the rain gently (yet persistently) cascaded from the sky. I daresay the boy would have been keen to hit the sand - but his father decided early on not to stir from the house :P I slaved away on my exam study for much of the day before going for a walk up to the shops around 5. The sun was shining, there was a light breeze - all in all the weather was unlike the rest of the day's offering!
On Monday I whisked K off to playgroup. It was a lovely sunny day initially but rapidly became a game of sunny - take off jumper, cloudy - brrr, put on jumper. K cavorted with the water activity table, frolicked in the sandpit and had a glorious time - except for falling in the carpark and skinning his knees. We barely made it home before he was rattling the fridge door, bottle in one hand and sleepsack in the other (this is a metaphor) He was asleep 10 minutes after we got home :) Then in the afternoon I walked up to the library and shops pushing a heavy little heffalump. It was sunny!! I got washing done! Woot! He had a great time playing with puzzles, assaulting the bears and sounding out the letters of BOOK RETURNS. Then this evening, just as I got him settled in the cot and was about to sneak out of the room away from my slumbering child, ... Bandit springs up onto the cot, and into it (first time ever). Cries of delight announced that K was NOT as asleep as I had thought and a small figure rose from the depths of the cot not once, not twice but yea verily three times to assault the Siamese... who sat there unperturbed. He must have eaten a piece of meat laced with valium is all I can say!! Then once kidlet had collapsed back down and was asleep said Siamese sauntered downstairs for a cuddle. Truly,, the ways of the Siamese are inscrutable. A trip to the zoo is planned for tomorrow - if the weather co-operates... for as I write this the rain is falling heavily down. I am so glad I got all the washing in earlier!

No comments:

Post a Comment