Sunday 25 October 2009

Labour Weekend

Well we had gorgeous weather for the Saturday and Sunday of Labour weekend. Now, on Monday, it is cloudy and cool but not yet rainy. On Saturday we took K to The Cascades. Somehow, within the first 10 metres of the walk, his legs stopped being able to work. I carried him about a third of the way and Chris carried him the rest. It was a nice walk and we had a picnic with Garth, Kym and Alex at the end. Despite their 25 minute head start we caught up with them right at the end of the trail. The fact that Alex was walking (and examining trees with the fervour of a young Charles Darwin) might have helped! Sadly K has a cold making him somewhat temperamental and drippy. Even more sadly he has infected Chris. I laboured away at my study, hearing Chris's tolerance for babywrangling rapidly decreasing as he began to feel ever more wretched. We made sushi for dinner last night which was rather nice. Kieran thought so too as he munched away on his first dinner of sushi. He quite liked smoked chicken too :). Today we plan to head into Toyworld and pick up a puzzle or 2 for the wee one. Tomorrow will be more study and Wednesday will be my exam. I am betting that K will not make it to Mainly Music with his father hahaha. I am praying that I too do not fall under K's malady - I have just gotten over being sick for 3 weeks - I could do with a patch of good health, not to mention wanting to have a clear head (and nose) for Wednesday's exam!!

No comments:

Post a Comment