Saturday 31 October 2009

All Hallows Eve

On Friday I whisked the Squeak up to the library and shops in the golden sunshine. We had experienced a power cut at 7am so at 10 I took him up the hill :) We shopped for sundry ingredients for carrot cake - but were unsuccessful in our quest for walnuts - a result of which has been that the cake remains unmade. On Saturday we had people around for a brunch and I roasted a chicken and baked an apple pie in my new pie dish. Both were delicious! We allowed our child to frolick nude in the garden before clothing him and placing him down for a nap. We were going to take Kieran to the Mainly Music Halloween festival but after we farewelled the guests at 3 we decided against it. Chris's back was out and besides, the toddler bed that we had bought on trade Me had just been dropped off. It is a cute little red bed, and came with an inner sprung mattress, 6 sheets and Wiggles bedding. We set it up in the spare room - I mean, Kieran's room - and he has been happily frolicking on it. We then celebrated Halloween by hiding upstairs and pretending no-one was home. Heeheehee. Yes, I do have issues handing strangers lots of chocolate - why do you ask? :)
I am looking forward to getting Kieran's pictures up - the ones my mum painted for him and the ones I have done too.
Today was Chris's turn for a sleep-in so the boy and I romped downstairs at 6 (!!!!). Chris decided against breakfast when he joined us later and then begged me for a meal at 11 :). After feeding the family corn fritters I whisked Squeak upstairs and trialled putting him down for the daytime nap. He settled like a dream. This is good, but means we will need to buy another safety gate for the top of the stairs. Kieran is not particularly nimble when encased in a sleep sack! We hope that if the daytime naps work out (and once a safety gate has been acquired) then he can go in for the nights. This should also mean that when he wakes up in the morning he will have toys and books to amuse himself - and hopefully delay our awakening.

No comments:

Post a Comment