Sunday 9 August 2009

Treasure Ahoy, matey. Arrrr!

We bought Kieran a Megablocks pirate ship some time ago and, in an effort to make playing with it even more fun, I loaded the hold with chocolate money. Kieran would haul out the ship, and impatiently pull out the chocolate doubloons, tossing them over his shoulder as he loaded up the hold with whatever toys would fit. This morning I tried to feed him breakfast and he could not have been more disinterested. Returning him to the lounge carpet I suddenly saw the discarded shells of doubloons scattered all over the carpet. No wonder the little bugger didn't want breakfast! He had been gorging himself on chocolate. Muttering under my breath I headed upstairs to work on my assignment, returning to feed the boy some lunch. Again, he refused food and struggled to be out of the high chair. I released him and worriedly asked Chris if he thought we should introduce a new and tasty dinner option when I looked past him to Kieran and saw him delicately peel the foil off a doubloon with his teeth!! I had forgotten to remove the chocolate tis morning!!! head:desk!
K's nappy rash has cleared up except for a stubborn spot that seems to have fluffy white spots. Hmmm. We suspect a fungal infection and I will be calling Westview Medical tomorrow to get him seen to. I might have to do it either first thing in the morning or just before lunchtime/naptime. The other option is around 3ish when his lordship wakes from his nap. K now refuses to go to sleep any earlier than noon. Siiiggghhhh! This means afternoons are a write off! Friday nights dinner was good and K thoroughly enjoyed his highly nutricious meal of crumbed mussel, battered fish, some chips and whipped cream. He enjoyed even more popping the peas on his plate into a empty butter container. The meal would have been better had his highchair had a tray. Chris kept worrying about the mess as K dropped food. My thoughts? If they dont have highchairs with trays why, then they must WANT to clear up tons of food from the carpet. It's only logical!

No comments:

Post a Comment