Friday 7 August 2009

Riverprance

Today, Friday, I am walking K down to the playground near the library. And, because I am not a complete fool, I am going to take the stroller. I WAS going to take Leviathan but Chris drove it into work today. I have to admit, it is better for him to drive it into Auckland and park than for me to drive through rush hour to meet up with him this evening. We have Chris's work do on and I am very pleased to have a night out haha. K bustled madly about this morning in a positive frenzy of gift giving. I wound up with 2 loaf tins, 4 muffin trays, 4 bowls, 2 shoes and a spatula - and all before breakfast! We left the house whistling a merry tune, a tune that died on our lips as we began to ascend the hill only to hear the pitter-patter of Siamese paws racing after us. Sigh, so we turned around and walked Bandit home and locked him into the house, fleeing as fast as legs and wheels would carry us. Problem is, Bandit would follow us all the way up the hill, but would become more and more scared, and the meowing gets louder and louder - so its easier to backtrack and lock him away :P

On our way to the park we saw a cat perched on the park sign. K was thrilled. He had just admired some snowdrops(onionweed) and now this friendly cat was twining around the stroller - begging him to pet it. So he did. Lots. Much later we continued our walk to the playground. K laughed the entire time he was there, running around, and crawling through tunnels and spinning around on the grass. After some women and their seriously awful kids arrived I whisked us off to the library. K descended from the stroller and came face to face with a little Japanese girl. Nonplussed for a moment he then leaned forward and gave her a hug. She smiled so he gave her another hug, considered her for a long moment, and with a beaming smile pulled the dora the explorer phone out of her hand :) They had a wonderful time playing together with the beads, and he even held her hand again - what a Lothario! I found a wonderful book for K at the library - you may have heard of it.. Little Black Sambo. I am guessing I will be doing some editing as I read it aloud to K!! On the way home from the library we popped into the vege shop where I procured a capsicum for his majesty. We rolled home with K munching on a capsicum and twirling his toes in the sunlight. Passers-by were most edified. Pics are on Facebook :)
K now does the cutest little dance where he leaps up and down , on tiptoe, on the spot. He loks, and sounds, just like a Riverdance cast member. I was trying to get him to do it this morning so Chris could see - and he did! Chris thought it was gorgeous too!

No comments:

Post a Comment