Sunday 27 July 2014

Day Seven: School Holidays

Sunday came to pass after a delightful night of rain. Sadly Chris is suffering from a bad case of catarrh so he was disincline to move. The boys however were clamouring for their promised treat of a swim with both parents. We made it to the pool and great fun ensued. Afterwards the boys and I repaired to Howard Park while Chris schlepped home to get the bagels boiled and baked. Once home the boys decided they were exhausted. The day was not without excitement however, as Chris embarked upon an ambitious knife juggling act while preparing lunch. The ensuing cut is not 'quite' deep enough to need stitches. Hmmmm. After I popped to the shops for more soda water, lemons and ginger I commenced baking. With my able sous chef by my side I was able to produce dried cherry, oat and walnut biscuits in short order. I then seasoned a chicken and threw it into the oven while I made pastry for the pie I planned to make with Cameron's blackberries. I am happy to report that biscuits, pastry, pie and roast all rated highly on the taste scale. We will be booking the boys into swimming lessons come payday as they are both keen to get in the pool, despite knowing that they have to walk there and back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment