Monday 21 July 2014

Day One: Summer Holidays



With 8 weeks of hell stretching out before me and very little moola I decided I needed to be organised. I created an excel spreadsheet and threw in as many activities as I could find. After I totalled the cost per week I screamed like a teen at a One Direction concert and slashed two thirds of the activities. I have decided the focus of the holiday is not to have fun and see the sights but to get my children extremely fit by making them walk every, up hill and down dale. They'll be desperate to return to school!!
So today's activity was having a swim at Glossop Pools followed by a picnic at Howard Park. It went swimmingly if I do say so myself :P It was a 'scorcher' of a day so we struck out for the pools, picking raspberries on the way. Once there we had a delightful swim, then followed it up with a cavort at Howard Park and a picnic lunched. We trudged home just before three, Cameron pausing to pick some redcurrants for his Daddy, and I made the boys some pikelets for afternoon tea while they rested in front of the tv. I popped the pork roast on and then we headed off to the fields at the end of Pikes Lane. The boys scampered through the massive hedges of blackberry brambles and I conducted an impromptu nature lesson, noting the deleterious effects of shade on the berry size and ripening rate of the blackberries. The boys were much affected by the brambles afflictions but a good session of chucking the ball around the field soon cheered them up. The plan tomorrow is a saunter to Manor Park, followed by a picnic lunch and a visit to the Library. Should be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment