Tuesday 29 July 2014

Day Eight: School Holidays

Our Monday morning tradition of heading out to the Scout Hut continued and this time we were painting the benches with a lovely grey undercoat. We will then paint these the colours of the sixers - red, blue, green and yellow and have the cubs decorate their bench. The last bench will be for the beavers to decorate. We worked hard and left the scout hut at half one. My back was twinging a bit from all the squatting and bending over while painting. Then we chilled at home for a bit and then cracked on with Kieran's summer reading challenge. So far he has read 3 books of the 6 required. The theme is Mythological Maze and the library have some lovely books for keen readers. I will contact the Pool tomorrow to sort swimming lessons for the boys. I have been doing a bit more reading myself. Can't say I was too impressed with Wuthering Heights, and despite Jane Eyre apparently being an exemplar of womanhood I disliked it intensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment