Sunday 27 May 2012

Rocketmen!

The boys obsession with space has hit a new high (low?). I was called into the toilet to marvel at my son's faecal output. After agreeing that it was an excellent effort I was gobsmacked to hear that their names were Phobos and Demos (Mars's 2 moons for those not in the know). The space dvd that Dad got for Cameron's birthday is watched on a daily, nay hourly, basis and 2 little boys shriek "Space! Space!" when asked if they want to watch a dvd. Worse, when I put Mr Moon on the tv we experienced the sniffy attitude of a space connoisseur "I don't want (tone of loathing) PINK and PURPLE space! I want BLACK space!"Farewell Mr Moon, Sunny and the gang - it was good while it lasted lol. The humongous pic I drew and placed on the garage door of the planets in our solar system with moons, with said moons drawn and named is there so Chris and I appear to at least have the illusion of knowledge....all too aware that this illusion will fade away with lightning speed as the boys age. My personal knowledge of space has increased exponentially over the last 8 months lol - in fact I can name most of the moons in our solar system. I am now terrified that I will have to come up with a way to dress the boys up as planets for halloween :)
In other news I am working like a maniac on my assignments and exam study starts soon as my exam is on the 18th. I have also been doing some minuting work, and also want to do fun stuff. Ha, fat chance! Zumba is going well. I have put on some 'winter condition' and wish to remove it. Winter is well on the way and Cameron's mink blanket has been replaced with Kieran's single duvet, and Kieran now has a queeen size duvet on his bed. Cameron is teething - Lo, the last of his baby teeth which is very exciting. He can name the sun, earth, mars re the space stuff and knows the other planets. Both boys sing along to the solar system song on youtube daily. Cameron loves to dance and leaps about in front of the wiggles when he gets a chance. He has walked to the library and back with me a time or 2, and to Kieran's kindy as well.... he's a great little walker. I have put his name down to attend Kindy in October. He is so ready to go now. The reluctance to leave after dropping Kieran off is phenominal! So we'll pluck down $40 for 2 morning sessions which I think he'll really really enjoy, especially as Kieran will be there for the rest of the year before going to Oratia Primary. Saving for Ozzie is nonexistant at this time due to a series of financial 'excitements' but looks like it's going to cost a minumum of $1500. Ouch. Today is a rainy day and I think we'll do some baking. It's gonna be ginger crunch, chocolate and coconut crunch and banana cake I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment