Monday 4 June 2012

Hail to the Queen

It's Queen's Birthday Weekend and things are hopping here at Chez Seal. On friday the munchkins and I rejoiced at the blue, sunny day and headed out to Parrs Park. They had a marvelous time sprinting back and forth across the rubgy fields, cavorting across the equipment display all the gaiety of lambs in springtime (sans the threat of Easter meal slaughtertime of course). I also stopped in at Oratia District School, where Kieran will be going in January. It is gorgeous! Surrunded by apple orchards, it has a pool, it's motto is "find joy in work' - I fell in love lol. Then after we got home for Cameron's snooze we headed out to the library as the boys needed to replenish their supply of space books. Burdened with what seemed half the library we trekked home, pausing to climb upon every wall and balance. Cameron's last tooth is now visible, he can count to ten with a hiccup at 7, and he can walk up and down the stairs all by himself. On saturday Chris made brioche and cinnamon buns and after a rousing hour or so of Kinect adventures Cameron went down for his nap. Once awake, we headed out to go ice skating (Kieran and me) and for a play in Olumpic Park (Cameron and Chris). This proved exciting as I had not been on skates for lo, these many (ahem, 10) years so found myself clinging to the edge while my child clung to me. Sadly I had left my wallet at home so couldn't hire Kieran a balancing frame thing. I felt a real git. Kieran's excitement remained unabated however, and he has decided he would like to try ice skating lessons. So we will save up for those in October. Looks like we will be doing a lot of saving! On Sunday we did a hike to Harold Moody playground. We walked there sans stroller and Cameron was a walking champ! We ran them ragged, walked them up the top field and walked them home as it began to spit. At the library Cameron's wee legs began to fail and he was carried by his loving mother. We reached the wall of balancing and suddenly renewed vigour filled his body lol. Once home he was tucked into bed and I got stuck into my assignments. Monday Cameron staggered downstairs with streaming nose and a temperature. So we had a quiet at home day, me working frantically on my assignment were possible and the boys mooching about all grumpy like. Tomorrow is kindy and Plunket and Wednesday is the Transit of Venus! This one in a lifetime event will see Venus pass across the sun  between 10 and 4pm. Kieran is very excited. In other news it was the Queen's Diamond Jubilee - and I could not find any coverage of it at all. I had to resort to the internet lol. Go the Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment