Saturday 13 August 2011

Those sneaky p**'s - warning: may upset those of a delicate constitution

We are day 2 into toilet training. It all began on Friday morning when I held up a pair of Toy Story undies and asked K if he wanted to wear big boy undies like all the other Children at Playcentre....or a nappy like a baby. Once his enthusiastic, nay - fervent, agreement had been procured I cunningly added that I was so thrilled that he was a big boy who didn't need nappies. Once at Playcentre I told him if he didn't have a sit on the toilet, to check that sneaky poos and wees weren't hiding in his bottom, and therefore wet his pants we would have to GO HOME. He practically leapt at the toilet lol. Yup, that kid LOVES Playcentre. And that night he had his first wee in the toilet, and in fact, all day! Boy must have an iron bladder!! The trend continued today although he did wet himself. This however was due to the neighbour's boy coming over (for 2 hours!! Aiiieee) and K being too reluctant to take time away from play to go to the toilet. No harm done, a quick wash and he was back on the road again. He seems quite excited about being a big boy who wears big boy undies now. My cunning plan of making sure the nappies don't feel that comfy is working better than I ever imagined! I will let Kindy know that he is toilet training and with a bit of luck we will have many a dry day - yay!!!! I have also bid on a potty and toddler toilet seat on trademe. The auction closes on Monday night and I hope I am the successful bidder :) Chris has however made our evening conversations more scatalogical than I ever dreamed possible, cheerily telling K that his fart was "a little poo shouting to get out." Yup. Good times. And you just KNOW that this little gem will be trotted out at a time to cause me maximum embarrasment - don't you!

No comments:

Post a Comment