Friday 26 August 2011

Say Hurray for Op Shops!



We took a stroll in the warm sunny afternoon - K hacking up a storm next to me, C chilling in the stroller. K decided we needed to stop in at the op shop and we walked out with 3 Bob the builder toys, 2 Thomas the tank engine trains, a waterproof jacket for K and a book on nature... for $3.70 - ie all the cash I had on me lol. I was quite pleased with our haul lol. I am currently reading Lauren Willig's Pink Carnation series - sort of a hybrid of the Scarlet Pimpernel and Jane Austen novels. They are quite amusing, although at book 6 (featuring India of all things) my interest is waning... there are 9 books in the series. I want to reread the Laurie R King Sherlock Holmes & Mary Russell series - it is excellent.
We were planning on going to the beach yesterday as it was warm and sunny (hard to believe we are in the last month of winter!) but the boys deep hacking coughs put me off. It was just as well really, as K's behaviour degenerated, with 3 timeouts in a 20 minute period.

No comments:

Post a Comment