Wednesday 17 August 2011

Snow? In Auckland? Yup!!

And my god it has been super cold!! Today however it is wonderfully sunny, yet cold - a diamond day. However I am thrilled as I needed to get all the washing done so Chris is sorted for his Germany trip. It feels like sacrilege to run the dryer on such a day but it has to get dry lol. Kieran's kindy also called today and said he can have his Tuesday session expanded to a 9-3 slot. Currently he is in a 8:30 to 12:30 slot. This is very exciting as it means Cam can get put down for a sleep and now be rudely awoken. Last night was so cold we had the heater on in the boys room, but nor ours lol. The cat decided he absolutely had to join Cameron in there. Mind you the cat has been wafting around all week, miserable with the cold weather. Emma visited us on Monday and K was over the moon. Then we baked a chocolate sponge so he was extremely happy. On Tuesday we made Lamingtons. Personally I disagree violently with the statement that home made lamington's "are much better than bought ones." The ones I buy from the bakery are superb, while my effort could cause birds to remain ground bound! This afternoon we will walk to collect K and visit the playground by the library, and have a picnic. I popped C in the bath when we got home today and saw his toenail was all black with blood. He dropped Lightning McQueen on it yesterday and cried and carried on. I didn't realise until today that the car landed only, and entirely, on his big toe. It is quite obviously painful, poor little chicken! I shall make hamburgers for dinner tonight, as last nights risotto with broccoli, peas, bacon and carrot was not that much of a hit with the boys....Chris liked it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment