Sunday 3 July 2011

Sun, glorious sun!!


The week has had highs and lows... as per normal. Monday was visiting Nakita's where the boys had a blast. I fear Cameron's paint smeared overalls will never wash clean though! Tuesday was the first kindy session in a while where I was able to say goodbye to K and leave with him settled at the clay modelling table.... normally I have to run for my life when he is not looking. Wednesday I was going to take C to Mainly Music but as I dropped K off early (MM is in the same complex) I went home and we had a relaxing morning instead. Thursday was the Plunket craft morning and it was good fun. I learned how to needl;e felt flowers. I also worked on the crochet.... I SUCK at crochet but will keep trying sigh. Isabelle, Madison and Esteban came over on thursday afternoon when I was making orange cake. It was such a lovely sunny day that I stopped at the playground after picking up K from kindy and let the boys go for it. Once home K chilled and C napped (As of this week K no longer has his afternoon nap). The visit was going well until Madison fell backwards onto the cement... I fear K may have been to keen to follow her down the steps. I really felt awful!! We had 4 glorious days of sun this week.... thursday, friday, saturday and sunday - I fear it will not last. I was going to take the boys to Motat on friday because it was free in June.... but friday was July 1st - D'oh!!! K was being a hideous little ratbag and I had to call Playcentre and tell them I would not be there. I wound up popping C in the bath for half an hour and letting him pootle about after that in their bedroom with his blocks while K had a bath. I pulled K out at 10am, dressed him and put C down for a nap. When he awoke at noon I popped him in the stroller and took the boys walking! We went to the library and to the Plunket rooms for I had lost C's drink bottle on thursday :( No sign of it alas. We then walked down to the Glendale playground and K ran and climbed and C discovered the delights of slides. They had such a great time.... and I had left my camera at home - grrrr! We headed off home and got in around 2ish. It was a really good day, especially as I had hung out 2 loads of washing, done dishes, sorted laundry etc so felt on the ball. On saturday I made Chris take us to the playground in Henderson by KMart as it is awesome for crawlers and toddlers and preschoolers alike. Boys had a blast and we headed off to Toyworld as they had there no deposit xmas laybye sale on.... Chris had resolved that K needed lego.... so lego was procured :) Once home C had a nap while I rolled around on the trampoline with Kieran. It was good fun, but I did get a little sunburnt :) Sunday was pretty good too weatherwise but more importantly I finally finished making Cameron's cloth Bazoople book - yay me!! Cameron's sleep is settling down too. We have had several GREAT nights. Last night he slept from 8 to 4:30 - but awoke ravenous!! went back to sleep at 6 and slept til 9!!! We are right at the end of our breastfeeding journey - but he has had an awesome run.

No comments:

Post a Comment