Wednesday 2 February 2011

baker-iffic baggages

It's always nice to be wanted... and it's nice to be told that you are being given a job. Yup, I got the census job. 6 weeks, $1300. Before tax, but still... it'll pay for Chris's root canal. Managed to get 2 sets of minutes done and am working on the database. C's sleep is more rubbish than before, but we have started our gently gently sleep training. Tonight he chose to go to sleep on me upright rather than feeding down as is his wont. So, a step in the right direction. K was a right little horror at the coffeegroup but staggered off and had a nice 2 hour sleep. C was asleep in the stroller as we walked home from coffeegroup, and you could hear little growly snores coming around the hood. It sounded like a small fuzzy bear was curled up inside - and was very cute. Tomorrow I will pop in to the census office and get my docs signed off and get allocated my area. Chris suggested that I do a regular update on recipes that I try and make up - so I may just do that!! We call ourselves baggages in this house. This came about when I was tickling C's tummy and calling him a baggage. K, perched next to us, piped up with "I is a baggage too! And mummy is a baggage and daddy is a baggage." I solemnly agreed that we are a family of baggages. His latest little trick, when thwarted by his father, is to point at the door and say "Daddy! Go to work!" Lord knows, daddy's been tempted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment