Monday 31 May 2010

Rainy Daze

K scampered off for his morning at Henry's as happy as a clam. The fact that he gets a small milo to take along may have something to do with his good cheer :) I plan to head off to the bedroom and have a nap- as Cameron is sleeping at the mo. Yesterday Suzie came over to visit. She brought over her sling for me to borrow (what a lifesaver!!) and some warmer clothing and a baby sleeping bag. Cam had a lovely toasty night last night. I still suck at winding him - poor little devil is moaning and wittering in his sleep due to wind...Sigh. So I spent nearly 2 hours this am at 4:15am trying to wind him - with indifferent success. Sleep - waaaah! I have elevated the snugglebed, and will begin to lug him around in the sling rather than flat on his back in the stroller or floor and see if that helps. Breastfeeding is going well. Cameron ramped it back up again after slowing down when we got home. I have the feeling that the milk supply failed to meet his expectations after that, so he is making sure that it flows like water. This is not an issue during the day, but at night!! A towel has now been placed on my side of the bed haha. K remains fascinated by the baby, which is all to the good but now seeks attention (and stories) from visitors, which he didn't do before. I can't wait until he sees the Gruffalo dvd (BBC) as that is still his favourite book - although The Wonky Donkey is a close second!! I need to come up with activities to do while housebound, in the rain too! Had the downstairs heater on yesterday - brrrr it was cold. Boy, our power bill is going to go through the roof in the next 3 months!! Sigh..

No comments:

Post a Comment