Monday 3 May 2010

Firsts

It was a day of firsts here at Chez Seal. It was Kieran's forst PORSE morning and he got to take along his first packed lunch. He woke up bright and cheery at 7:10am this morning and called out to me as I sauntered out of the bathroom. He bumbled around happily until Henry arrived and Kieran figured out that he was going in the car.... and I wasn't. So there I stood, in my dressing gown - oddly, I had not managed to get dressed as I had planned, as my crying child was driven away. I have to admit to shedding a tear or two myself. I also know that he will have a lovely time at Henry's, playing with the chickens and rabbits, and digging in the sandpit. But still, I feel quite melancholy at the moment. His next session is this Friday, when Chris graduates. After that, he will go every Tuesday and Thursday morning.
The PORSE lady was over yesterday and filled in her part of the WINZ documentation. This is good as we will receive a subsidy towards K's care - almost half the cost!! I will drop the forms off to WINZ tomorrow, before I head off to the Plunket coffee group.
Mother's day is this Sunday and I have given Chris a list of items I would like. Whether I will get more than a kiss in the morning is the real acid test though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment