Sunday 17 January 2010

It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to

I am stressed, tired, and grumpy - and this blog entry reflects all of that, so be warned :P
Looking back, the last 2 weeks have been stressful! I had to finish off my assignments, plan and budget for K's birthday party, change the flights for K and I to Wellington - and pay for the privilege, book new flights for me for the contact course (sooo expensive!) as well as actually looking after K on a daily basis, cope with constant sciatic pain, have late nights cos I am up chatting - naughty me - and actually do all the last minute bits and pieces for the party. Phew! The heat hasn't helped either. I need every minute of sleep I can get and head off to bed by 9:30pm these days - if not earlier. Chris tosses and turns in the warm nights which disrupts my sleep, and of course K has been having a few disturbed nights recently too.... alas!
So as a result I am feeling very tired. When I am tired I get grumpy. When things I plan don't turn out perfectly (Yes, it DOES happen, haha) I get cross and stressed. I was saddened that the birthday cake I had planned didn't turn out as I imagined it would - but lesson learned :) You always want people to say "Wow, what a great cake," rather than "oh, it doesn't look as bad as you made it sound!"Next year's theme is a castle and the engineer will be building that little cakey edifice! I guess when I want things to be perfect I don't cope as well when they're not... especially when I am tired and stressed.
I am also a little concerned that I am not prepared for my contact course - in 2 days time!, and also need to sort the accommodation for it. And I am not looking forward to being away from K for so long either.
Right, time to end the pity party!! It makes a difference being able to think/type through my feelings - kind of destresses everything and sets me back on an even keel. I knew a blog would come in useful!

K has had a ball! He has begun opening his presents - woohoo! He loved his party, adored having his grandparents and aunts around and just thought that the weekend rocked the world! Admittedly he wasn't keen on being left with a babysitter - but, bonus, he put himself to bed last night for Kym. And Kym and my friends were just lovely. Offers of help, babysitting and just being there for K's birthday meant a lot to me. And my birthday cake made by Colin - just fantastic, I am very lucky indeed! In fact, everyone really put the effort in to make it a great day - which I really did appreciate.
So, the weather is cooler today. Excellent. I plan to have a bath after K goes to sleep, then hit bed early. Tomorrow is another day of baby wrangling, motel bookings and packing for Palmy North. And I will be back to my usually unfussed, not-too-bitchy self :)

No comments:

Post a Comment