Sunday 24 January 2010

Drama Queen

God, what a frantic week. There was pandemonium at Chez Seal as I prepared for my contact course. I then had to leave a small anxious face and head through the gates to my plane. The contact course was an education. I certainly moved outside my comfort zone!! Even today I am limping about the house with agonisingly painful legs from my incredibly athletic re-enactment of The Bacchae. The contact course was full on!! We were gifted with Hymie as our director - his background as a dancer made sessions with him ....physical - and painful. I leaped! I sprang! I sprinted. And had my baby squeezed by a man who panicked when he realised what he had done :) But the days were long, and they got longer! In the last three days we have been starting earlier and earlier and leaving later and later. Yesterday we were at Massey for an 8am start and left there around 10:30pm. Then I had the pleasure of learning pages of lines until 11:40pm when I collapsed in bed for our 8am start this am. I am knackered! Also, I am so stiff after three days of "Drama boot camp" that I can barely walk. Let's just say K aint going for a walk up that hill tomorrow. Chris reported that K was prone to tantrums and bad behaviour but I found no trace of this in my angel baby on my return. Indeed he showed off all his new toys and played happily in the house before eating a lovely dinner. I brought order to the chaos of what HAD been a lovely tidy house, ate the lovely dinner Chris had cooked, did the dishes, sorted the beds and K's room and began typing this blog entry :)... and now for bed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment