Monday 11 January 2010

2 years young today

I really really can't believe that K is 2 today. The day started really well with torrential rain falling upon the domicile. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise as K slept in to nearly 7am. He came hurrying into the bedroom at 6:50 - a full 20 minutes later than normal... hey, those minutes are like GOLD! I served him a delicious breakfast of banana and strawberry muffins and peanut butter toast - which he largely ignored. He opened up his presents from us, mum and Marjorie and Ken, and looked at his cards. He had some lovely cards too! Unfortunately his colouring book was left outside and is saturated - boo. I shall have to pick up another from the 2 dollar shop tomorrow. The morning was enlivened by stories, bubbles, dvd's, stories, bubbles and general cavorting. K is big on cavorting. K has a little trick where he fetches the bottle of bubbles off the bookshelf and brings it to you so that you can blow bubbles for his pleasure. He leaps and springs up at the bubbles, and is happy for you to blow bubbles for hours. We gave him an easel for his birthday. He will get to try it out tomorrow - with his washable crayons - oy vey. He may wind up naked but for a nappy too! Tomorrow morning I have to take K to see Plunket - it will be such fun to walk up the hill with my damaged foot! Yes people, last night I fell victim to Kieran's pirate ship (it was dark!!) and tore half a toenail, and it tore halfway down the nailbed. So I have been hobbling around with my bloodied wound. Jen came to visit today and I begged her to bring over so milk as we were completely out. I couldn't face the thought of hobbling up the hill with my agonisingly painful foot in the morning to collect milk and then again in the afternoon to buy fish for dinner. Happily Chris picked up the fish for dinner so I did not have to leave the house. Good times :P

No comments:

Post a Comment