Thursday 3 December 2009

Dashing through the rain, a stroller in my hands....

The weather here is sucking the big one!!! Tuesday was alright - in that I managed to get out the house without getting wet. K has been deprived of playgrounds and runs around outside due to the precipitation outside. On Wednesday it rained. I was up at the crack of dawn to bake berry muffins. Note how virtuous I sound, when K makes sure we are ALL up before the sun sticks its snout over the horizon. I baked, bathed and fed the child, bathed and dressed myself, did Chris's breakfast and lunch and set out for MM. (Activities were not performed in that order haha). It was raining. And muggy. I was hot and sticky and wet when I arrived, but K had a great time. He rambled around and pointed out Santa (both the real and inflatable versions) and even gave Santa a big smile and a toy car. He loved the session and was enamoured of the Bichon Frise that played the role of the shepherd's sheep. We then ate and I walked home. In the rain. And K fell asleep in the stroller at 11:15 and woke at noon, and wouldn't eat lunch and was hungry and cross and tired and made my life a living hell from noon until 4:30 when I fed him, bathed him, and threw him into bed at 6. I threw myself into bed at 7:15 and slept until 6:15am this morning. K generously let me sleep in this morning haha. We headed up to the library at 9:15 when the Wiggles finished and procured some books, then headed off to the butchers and then to coffeegroup. K had a great time and we managed to stay until 11:25 when fear consumed me. Poking and prodding kept K awake until we got home and he was asleep by noon. Shortly after a torrential rainstorm hit, and I smirked happily out the window, grateful to be inside for once :)
Tomorrow we head up to the library for the Wriggle and Rhyme session, and on the weekend I am determined to buy K a supercute xmas themed outfit.
I also won a Xmas hamper from Mainly Music - not sure how!!! Maybe they have identified us as the deserving poor of the parish haha. And I need to pick it up on the same day we fly to Wellington... I will ask them if I can collect the day before, or after the 30th hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment