Monday 7 December 2009

Silly Season

Sigh.
Well, on Friday I emphatically did not go up to the library as it was hosing down!! It was a notable day nonetheless, as Chris collected his bound copies of his amended thesis and submitted them. Now all he has to do is turn up in May and he graduates hehehe. On Saturday we went out shopping. We were totally unable to find a cute xmassy outfit for K to wear on christmas day - very saddening!! Then we headed over to Kym's where K was dropped off to play with Alex and Jazz the dog. Despite Chris's fears (he was too scared to text for an update in case we heard that K was weeping away the time) K had a ball, and ate the best dinner at Kym's that I have ever seen him consume. The little devil hadn't even realised we had gone! We meanwhile had enjoyed Ros's dance show which was an absolute riot :). Nothing much happened on Sunday of note except my sleep-in haha. On Monday we headed out for the last day of playgroup. K had a ball, running between the water feature and the playdough and the sandpit. I helped little kids make xmas cards, and then Suzie and I scrubbed the easels. I say "scrubbed" but we were using a sponge - hardly the best tool for the job of removing caked on paint! K cavorted mightily before falling asleep at 12:50. He woke up at 3:50 - a 3 hour sleep. Lucky Chris got to sit with him as he settled to sleep. It took a mere hour and a half! Then that evening I headed off for a coffeegroup dinner. It was great catching up with everyone - and I think a picnic in Jan should be arranged.
I am panicking about my assignment at the moment. I had to return 2 plays to Massey library and only one textbook has arrived from Bennetts. I need all three books for the 6 essays, to be completed by Dec 21st. Stress!! Stress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment