Monday 30 November 2009

The Night of Long Whines

On Friday night Kieran decided to throw a tantrum. Why? Because he fancied some attention. We were beside ourselves as his little stunt began around midnight, before finally tailing off around 2am. To say that Chris and I were shattered the next day would be an understatement. Naturally the boy was knackered as well so a happy time was had by all. He went down for his nap at 11, rousing just before 2, when we high-tailed it up the hill to go see the Santa Parade. It was grey and spitting but not actually raining for the event and K had a ball!! He had an early bedtime that night though and slept like an angel. Typical!! Sunday was a very relaxed day. I was still shattered and couldn't focus on my assignment, eventually crawling off to bed for a nap. Today we headed off to Oratia playgroup - courtesy of Suzie who picked us up this am. It was wet and muggy so naturally K played outside- becoming ever damper. I was thinking about heading up to the shops and library this afternoon but will see how we go. If it is wet I shan't, and if it is dry...maybe :P There might be more books about owls. K LOVES owls and one of his favourite books is The Owl and the Pussycat. I am able to recite said book from memory now :P.
I was thrilled to see that the Wiggles are coming to Auckland in late March. K LOVES the Wiggles and tickets must be procured. I checked out the prices online and nearly wept... $30 EACH!! Ouch. Well, we certainly won't be buying them when they go on sale next week. We shall have to see if there are any left after Xmas.
I must go now and upload photos and video of the Santa Parade onto Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment