Friday 20 November 2009

Tiptoeing through the week

On Wednesday Chris was marking at home for the morning. I instantly took advantage (hey, it was raining!!) and got him to drop K and I off at Mainly Music. K had a brilliant time, boogying along and thoroughly enjoying himself. It was even better exiting the venue, seeing the pouring rain - and hopping into the car :). We kicked back and stayed home that afternoon as the weather wasn't fantastic. On Thursday I had coffeegroup so we hit the library, vege shop etc before heading to the rooms. It was great catching up with everyone. Again K had a great time before, at 11:30 precisely, dropping to the ground and lying on his back as he eyed me meaningfully. He only had to do this twice before visions of him falling asleep in the stroller spurred me into gear. Despite sprinting at LEAST half the way home I had to tap his face and joggle him to keep him awake. He slept well, however he woke after and hour and twenty minutes - just as I had completed my student loan stuff - and when I popped in, replaced his bottle and lay down on the futon he fell asleep again.. as did I!! He had a 3 hour nap - in his toddler bed which was pretty impressive! I took him to the Barnea playground at 4 where he chased ducks, ran up the tiny slope and had a great time running after Bandit. Of course, getting him down was rather vexing as he was still full of beans :). Today, while not sunny, wasn't too wet so I took the wee beastie up to the library for their active movement class. K wittered a little but did enjoy himself. We got home and I forced a banana into his maw before popping him down for his nap. I can't be bothered going out this arvo. That hill and being preggers is not a marriage made in heaven, so I might prep for a stirfry and bake a lemoncake. K LOVES lemoncake. This weekend I need to work on some assignment essays and also hope to turn out the garage, making it more user friendly for me :). Chris was going to obtain some cardboard boxes from Uni but I have seen no signs of these obviously rare items as yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment