Monday 9 November 2009

Where, oh where, is Spring?

The weather in these here parts could at best be described as damp.
The weekend passed in a bit of a blur as Chris was making the changes to his thesis and will see his supervisor tomorrow - yay!! I handed in my baking for the Plunket cake stall - astounded by how much Rachel had baked!! Talk about feeling inadequate!! We had Colin and Ros over for dinner on Saturday so of course once I issued the invite our day went to hell in a handbasket and K finally fell asleep at 8. They had been in the house for nearly an hour by the time I hauled my ass downstairs - grrrr. Monday was Oratia Playgroup - which I did NOT take K to - a combination of poor buses and a wet day. Sigh. I am going stircrazy. I am cool with walking everywhere when the weather is nice, cloudy etc - everything but rain... but rain I refuse to do!! Today dawned gorgeous, the birds are singing, the council is excavating bamboo from our little playground - and the black clouds are rolling in!!! I did however walk K up to Westview Medical where I had some bloods done. K screaming and crying in the stroller the whole time that I gave blood. I settled him and took him into the library afterwards to cheer him up. It seemed to work :) I have decided to cheer myself up by painting a picture for K's room.

No comments:

Post a Comment