Sunday 22 November 2009

Hip Hip Hooray!

Why do weekends flit past so very quickly? I had my sleep-in on Saturday and K celebrated by waking up with a nightmare around 9pm, then shrieking awake at 4:15am. There's always something!! At 5:45am he began chanting the vowels that he knows - excepting I and U which weren't deemed worthy of his attention while he soulfully ran his milk bottle along the bars of his cot. I should mention that the cot is RIGHT NEXT to my side of the bed. Chris lumbered out of bed to retrieve his pride and joy while I debated the merits of removing him into his very own room that night :P As he left Chris closed the door. Why did he do that you ask? Well, last weekend, on my sleep-in, Kieran came running into the bedroom not once but Twice! Waking me up and ruining my moment of extravagance. We didn't do too much on Saturday as Chris claimed the unsettled night had ruined him :) On Sunday we headed out to Alex's 3rd birthday. K seemed to have a good time but nearly fell asleep 3x in the car on the way home. I spent much of the trip with my arm wedged up his top tickling him and snapping my fingers in his face. He responded with a lovely 2 hour nap in the toddler bed. Tomorrow Suzie has graciously agreed to collect me so I can go to Oratia playgroup - yay. K will be superthrilled! I also need to book my tickets for K and I to head down to Wellington. I couldn't believe that K pays the same fare as I do - meaning that this trip to head down for a mandatory Massey contact course is costing over $300!!! We have decided that we are not doing xmas presents this year. Money is just too tight and with Chris's contract expiring in February it is best to be financially prudent!
I am still thrilled that my bloods came back with chickenpox antibodies - but I can't wait for the pregnancy tiredness to go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment