Sunday 24 June 2012

Trials and Tribulations

What a week. It has been wet, and wild, and wacky - and that was just the first couple of days! Naturally, while the car was being fixed by the mechanic, it absolutely poured with rain. I collected the car on Wednesday afternoon and rejoiced in not hiking through the pouring rain even as my bank account wept in despair. On thursday morning we raced carwards (a bit later than usual) as I was going to get Kieran to kindy then head back to New Lynn to get the WOF. Leaping into the car I turned the key and listened to the 'sweet' sound of silence.... peachy, just peachy! It was then I realised that Chris had not closed the door properly when retrieving the cat from the car the previous evening... and the battery was flat, flat, flat. I confess that bad words passed my lips, if quietly, as I pulled the kids out. I then called the kindy, the WOF place and Chris - to advise him of his transgression. It took nearly an HOUR to walk the boys to kindy, with the only saving grace being the warm sunny day - and I cursed my decision to leave the stroller at home. I then walked Cameron to the playground, the library for storytime and the opshop before we staggered off home at 11:20. Of course, as 2:30 rolled around - the time we had to leave for kindy - it absolutely TIPPED down. Cameron was not impressed and truthfully, neither was I. On friday we headed off, slightly late and frazzled, to the WOF shop. As we got to the top of the hill I rolled down the window - and heard the window glass crash down inside the door. I confess to muttering some very dark words indeed as I rocketed back down the hill, where I heaved and tugged and pulled and dragged the window back into place. Let's just say that window will not be wound down again in a hurry. After that it was anticlimactic to get the WOF easily... and watching a police chase streak past me left me in a very zen state of mind. The boys perked up that afternoon when the postie delivered Zoop Zeeplebug's letter from Neptune. They were still all of a froth and a ferment when Chris got home lol. The weekend was a bit of a write off with foodshopping etc. Cameron's tooth is almost completely in place, and he is showing interest in his potty. Boys boys are playing a game called "make a bed on the lounge floor".... we look like we harbour illegal immigrants most days haha. We managed to get out to see Chris's grandmother, who gave the boys a NZ half crown apiece. Poor Chris came down with a mild case of food poisoning from my most excellent cooking apparently lol. Maybe I should just feed him charcoal haha. So sunday was spent quietly plumbing the mysteries of the universe. I have also been rewatching the Lord of the Rings movies - tonight is the Return of the King. I am all agog to ascertain the identity of the titular king and to find out whether Frodo makes it to Mordor... after all, one does not simply walk into Mordor.

No comments:

Post a Comment